Saturday, August 23, 2014

Well That Was Fast......

Well the first week is behind me, and I honestly can't believe how fast its gone by. I've had a blast and met some really nice people. The instructors are so nice and more than happy to share their knowledge with us, and they know a ton. We've tackled everything this week from borders to flowers, boiled icing to royal, and gum paste. Its a lot to retain in a short amount of time. I'm in classes from 7 in the morning to 6:30 at night. That makes for a long day but it feels really short.

Up next week we're beginning work on our final projects, in which we each get to decorate a wedding cake (I have so many ideas for mine that's its been hard to decided on a concept). There are 8 other people in class with me and I've enjoyed getting to hear all about what they plan to do when the session is over, as well as see pictures of cakes that they've done in the past. I think that's one of the things I've enjoyed the most about being here, the opportunity to be around other people who share the same passion as me. Its refreshing!

I'll share some pictures of what I've accomplished so far:







No comments:

Post a Comment